The following article was copied from https://www.furorteutonicus.eu/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/great_reset_reference_isaacson_2020.html but as you can see it is a Wordpress site. Wordpress is now removing or banning content that they deem unsuitable and remove it with the excuse that it violates their Terms & and conditions. So I have put it here for safe-keeping.
A reference guide to The Great Reset
by former pastor John Isaacson
version: 2020-10-08 (modified layout)
Dear Christian leader,
Thank you for leading God’s people during this bizarre and challenging time. Sadly, I believe the events of 2020 are not an anomaly, but the beginning of a coordinated effort to bring about a new global order via the Trojan horse of the pandemic response. This letter is intended to be used as a reference guide for busy leaders. It includes a compilation of links to articles that provide insight and warning regarding this dangerous agenda. My hope, as detailed at the end of this letter, is that this research will lead God’s people to pray, prepare and engage.
Everyday new headlines highlight the Orwellian ideas and technologies that threaten to define our new normal: global digital IDs; a global, mandatory vaccine accompanied by digital certificates to prove immunity; the inability to conduct normal life without digital certificates; subdermal technology to take this data under the skin; and an ever-increasing, real time surveillance of everything and everyone.
I believe the next months and years will be marked by a global push for a “Great Reset,” led by prominent voices throughout the world. This will likely coincide with, and be predicated upon, higher food prices and food shortages, greater cultural instability and violence, an unprecedented global debt and currency crisis and an increase in global, governmental surveillance and control. The “Great Reset” is not a well-meaning restart, but a coordinated agenda to remake the entire world system according to the vision of the World Economic Forum. Their goal is to replace the existing social, political and economic order with a technocracy, “a social system that is controlled or influenced by experts in science or technology.”
From COVID-19 to the Technocratic Reset
The alarming trajectory of the COVID-19 response toward a technocratic takeover is best described in the following references.
- From Lockdowns to ‘The Great Reset’ (Mises Institute; 2020) - The lockdown in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic has accelerated the implementation of long-held plans to establish a so-called new world order. The author introduces several relevant ideas, organizations and events, including The World Economic Forum, Event 201, The Great Reset and technocracy.
- This second reference is a series of twelve short articles (easily browsed and/or quickly read!), by historian and author Patrick Wood, which introduce the very important and central theme: technocracy.
- The Pressing Dangers of Technocracy (Mercola; 2020) - Technocracy is an economic system that got started in the 1930s during the height of the Great Depression, when scientists and engineers got together to solve the nation’s economic problems. Technocrats have silently and relentlessly pushed forward ever since, and their agenda is now becoming increasingly visible
- Analysis: Globalists’ Reboot of the World and Their Plans for Us (Factuality; 2020) - The Corona crisis is the trigger for a global coup d'état of monumental dimensions. It is the beginning of a new era, with a new international economic order that risks completely destroying human freedoms.
- The Pandemic is a Test Run (Corbett Report; 2020) - The lockdown of the world in the name of the global pandemic is not the end of this madness. It is only the beginning. Join James for this week’s edition of #PropagandaWatch as he dissects the latest attempt to leverage the climate scam on the back of the COVID response.
A Bibliography of a Beast System
The following is a collection of articles covering themes from digital IDs to an increase in government surveillance. Each are concerning in themselves, but coupled together they become very reminiscent of the beast system in Revelation 13:11-18.
This section highlights the global push for universal digital IDs. It also explores how a social credit system, similar to that found in China, will be tied to a digital ID.
- ID 2020 Alliance (ID2020; 2020)– Funded by Microsoft, Gates-backed GAVI and the Rockefeller Foundation. From e-passports to digital wallets, online banking to social media accounts, these new forms of digital ID allow us to travel, conduct business, access financial and health records, stay connected, and much more.
- Trusted digital infrastructure for identity systems – The Gates-funded Alan Turing Institute program on digital ID. “Governments around the world are committed to supporting the roll out of national digital IDs, but there are privacy and security implications associated with scaling these systems at a national level. Responsible implementation of ID services is a critical enabler for financial inclusion; it enables access to services and enactment of civil rights.
- Documents Show Modi Govt Building 360 Degree Database to Track Every Indian (Huffington Post; 2020)– Gates-backed, insanely Orwellian Aadhaar system. “The Narendra Modi government is in the final stages of creating an all-encompassing, auto-updating, searchable database to track every aspect of the lives of each of India’s over 1.2 billion residents, previously undisclosed government documents reviewed by HuffPost India establish.” This system will “integrate religion, caste, income, property, education, marital status, employment, disability and family-tree data of every single citizen.”
- India's Unique ID System (VIDEO): The Largest Social Experiment on Earth (YouTube; 2014) - As many as 500 million people in India have no form of official identification, making it difficult for them to access all kinds of public services. The goal of Aadhaar, the world's largest biometric database, is to get every Indian resident a unique ID number. Nandan Nilekani, Chairman of the Unique ID Indian Authority, is the driving force behind the program.
- Known Traveler Digital Identity (KTDI; 2020) – Orwellian social credit based digital ID spearheaded by the World Economic Forum - KTDI allows individuals to manage their own profile and collect digital ‘attestations’ of their personal data, deciding what data to share and when. The more attestations a traveler accumulates, and shares, the better consortium partners, governments and other parties can provide a smooth and safe travel experience.
KTDI commentary from Activist Post (Activist Post; 2020) – The data is intended to be used to discriminate between travelers whose ID-linked pre-crime profiles are scored as “high risk” or “low risk.” It includes the following:
- Biometrics (initially facial images, possibly also fingerprints, etc.)
- Government-issued ID credentials (passport number, etc.)
- Travel history including logs of border crossings, hotel stays, and possibly also car rentals and/or other events
- Purchase logs and possibly bank account information and/or other financial and transaction records
- Pre-crime predictive “risk assessment” and profiling scores generated at each “intervention” point before and during each trip or transaction
Health passports/digital certificates
This section shows how health records will be specifically tied to digital IDs. Digital IDs + health passports + social credit score + a global vaccine = What happens to your social credit if you object?
- Africa to Become Testing Ground for “Trust Stamp” Vaccine Record and Payment System (Newsbreak; 2020) – Funded by GAVI and Gates Foundation in partnership with Mastercard. It “utilizes a technology it calls Evergreen Hash that creates an AI-generated “3D mask” based on a single photo of a person’s face, palm or fingerprint.”
- Khushi Baby: when biometrics make child vaccination easier (Idemia; 2017) –Gates backed GAVI supported project) “A mobile device in the form of a pendant fitted with an NFC chip that contains the vaccination files of the baby wearing it, as well as their mother's health record. By simply scanning the chip with a smart phone or tablet equipped with the appropriate application, medical staff can access patient records and update them without Internet access.”
- Coronavirus UK: health passports 'possible in months' – (The Guardian; 2020) Tech firms are in talks with ministers about creating health passports to help Britons return safely to work using coronavirus testing and facial recognition. Facial biometrics could be used to help provide a digital certificate.
- CLEAR's new Health Pass service to help screen for coronavirus: CEO (YouTube; 2020) - Biometric security company CLEAR has started rolling out its health pass, a touchless technology that tracks health insights for people looking to enter places of work. Caryn Seidman-Becker, CEO of CLEAR, joins "Squawk Box" to discuss.
Subdermal (under the skin) technology
Currently the push is for digital identification which is external to the body. The following links show the variety of technologies which could eventually store digital IDs under the skin. Think about it, if we all must obtain a digital ID, how much more convenient and secure will it to store it where it can never be lost?
- A DARPA-Funded Implantable Biochip to Detect COVID-19 Could Hit Markets by 2021 (Mint Press; 2020) - An experimental new vaccine developed jointly with the US government claims to be able to change human DNA and could be deployed as early as next year through a DARPA-funded, injectable biochip.
- Storing medical information below the skin’s surface (MIT News; 2019) - “Storage, access, and control of medical records is an important topic with many possible approaches,” says Mark Prausnitz, chair of chemical and biomolecular engineering at Georgia Tech, who was not involved in the research. “This study presents a novel approach where the medical record is stored and controlled by the patient within the patient’s skin in a minimally invasive and elegant way.”
- Quantum-dot tattoos hold vaccination record – (Rice University; 2019) “The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation came to us and said, ‘Hey, we have a real problem — knowing who’s vaccinated,’” said McHugh. This is the “development of quantum-dot tags that fluoresce with information after they’re injected as part of a vaccination. When the needles dissolve in about two minutes, they deliver the vaccine and leave the pattern of tags just under the skin, where they become something like a bar-code tattoo.”
- An Invisible Quantum Dot 'Tattoo' Could Be Used to ID Vaccinated Kids (Science Alert; 2019) - "It's possible someday that this 'invisible' approach could create new possibilities for data storage, biosensing, and vaccine applications that could improve how medical care is provided, particularly in the developing world," MIT professor and senior author Robert Langer said in the statement.
- Germans are taking to microchips — one has his last testament implanted under his skin (Euronews; 2018) - Most people use the chip as a replacement for their business/contact card, as a substitute for key cards to the gym, office, and house. Becker says he once sold a microchip to a man who used it to save a link that would direct to his will. The options of what the microchip can be used for are endless, he added. People can also buy all sorts of gadgets that work with the chip, such as antennas or a doorknob that syncs with the chip.
- A Military-Funded Biosensor Could Be the Future of Pandemic Detection (Defense One; 2020) - The sensor has two parts. One is a 3mm string of hydrogel, a material whose network of polymer chains is used in some contact lenses and other implants. Inserted under the skin with a syringe, the string includes a specially engineered molecule that sends a fluorescent signal outside of the body when the body begins to fight an infection. The other part is an electronic component attached to the skin. It sends light through the skin, detects the fluorescent signal and generates another signal that the wearer can send to a doctor, website, etc. It’s like a blood lab on the skin that can pick up the body’s response to illness before the presence of other symptoms, like coughing.
- A Contraceptive Implant with Remote Control (Technology Review; 2014) – The hunt for a perfect contraceptive has gone on for millennia. A new candidate is now on the horizon: a wireless implant that can be turned on and off with a remote control and that is designed to last up to 16 years. If it passes safety and efficacy tests, the device would be more convenient for many women because, unlike existing contraceptive implants, it can be deactivated without a trip to the clinic and an outpatient procedure, and it would last nearly half their reproductive life.
- Why You’re Probably Getting a Microchip Implant Someday (The Atlantic; 2018) - Verichip implants could be used to register migrant workers at the border and verify their identity in the workplace; that same year, former Colombian President Álvaro Uribe reportedly proposed to then-Senators Arlen Specter and Jeff Sessions that the chips could be implanted into Colombian workers before they entered the United States for seasonal work.
- Michigan Makes Worker Microchips Voluntary ... Wait, What? (Popular Mechanics; 2020) - In a press release at the time, the company said employees had the option to "voluntarily implant an RFID microchip between the thumb and forefinger underneath the skin" that "does not have tracking capabilities, [and] will allow employees to make purchases in the company's break room market, open doors, log in to computers, and use copy machines."
- Wisconsin Company Three Square Market Offers to Install Microchips in Employees (NBC News; 2017) - Ali Velshi, the co-host of MSNBC's "Velshi & Ruhle," said he got a VeriChip implanted in his arm about 10 years ago and it holds his medical information. The data can be scanned and read quickly, and be useful in extreme instances — such as if he were found unconscious.
This section highlights the increase in global surveillance in response to the pandemic. In a Beast system, surveillance will be a common and necessary feature.
- EarthNow to deliver real-time video via large satellite constellation (EarthNow; 2018) – Gates funded company “EarthNow LLC announces intent to deploy a large constellation of advanced imaging satellites that will deliver real-time, continuous video of almost anywhere on Earth.” Resolution good enough to assist “the media in telling stories from around the world.”
- Legislation would require temperature checks at TSA checkpoints (Security Magazine; 2020) - The legislation calls on TSA to pinpoint no less than 10 domestic airports that could implement a pilot program through which they use appropriate technologies to check passengers’ temperatures during the security screening process. Those who are experiencing temps above 100.4 — the Centers Disease Control and Prevention’s threshold for a fever — would not be allowed to proceed to their flights. Exceptions would be for people with medical conditions that result in high temperatures.
- Virginia Roll Outs Contact-Tracing App for COVID-19 Exposure (HIT Infrastructure; 2020) - Virginia is the first state to launch a contact-tracing app, which uses Bluetooth technology to determine how close and how long an individual may have been exposed to the coronavirus.
- A flood of coronavirus apps are tracking us. Now it’s time to keep track of them. (Technology Review; 2020) - As the covid-19 pandemic rages, technologists everywhere have been rushing to build apps, services, and systems for contact tracing: identifying and notifying all those who come in contact with a carrier. Some are lightweight and temporary, while others are pervasive and invasive: China’s system, for example, sucks up data including citizens’ identity, location, and even online payment history so that local police can watch for those who break quarantine rules.
- COVID-19 Opens Door to Facial Recognition Skills Surge (Dice; 2020) - While still in its infancy, business and government agencies are increasingly turning to facial recognition technology at a time when social distancing is the norm; newer biometrics, such as fingerprint scans, are considered impractical at the moment, since a person needs to touch a screen in order to verify his or her identity (possibly spreading COVID-19 as a result).
- Drones used in effort to slow the spread of COVID-19 (CBS News; 2020) - All over the world, public health and safety officials are employing drones to monitor public spaces and enforce social distancing rules, to help slow the spread of coronavirus
- Facial Recognition Firms Pitch Covid-19 ‘Immunity Passports’ for America And Britain (Forbes; 2020) - When the world economy reopens and populations want to traverse borders again, some governments are going to want proof people aren’t coming in or leaving with Covid-19. Employers are also going to want to know their workforce isn’t going to be the epicenter of another outbreak.
- Out-of-state drivers asked to stop at checkpoint before boarding Newport Pell Bridge (Providence Journal; 2020) - Out-of-state travelers are being asked to stop at an informational checkpoint in Jamestown before crossing the Newport Pell Bridge.
- Coronavirus France: How 160,000 Police Are Cracking Down on Errant Easter Travelers (Forbes; 2020) - Interior minister, Christophe Castaner too, made no bones about the need for French people to stay at home–and restrain their Easter travel itch. “Absolutely do not go on holiday during the lockdown period … People must remain confined. Any offenders will be punished,” he declared.
The latest CDC numbers put the survival rate for COVID-19 at more than 99.98% for those under age 49. Even still, we are faced with frequent calls for a mandatory vaccine. This should be concerning on many levels, not the least of which being the path to the digital ID scenario described above.
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison to make coronavirus vaccine as 'mandatory as possible' (Canberra Times; 2020) - The Commonwealth government would push for widespread take-up of a coronavirus vaccine and would make it as 'mandatory as possible', the Prime Minister said.
- Defeat COVID-19 by requiring vaccination for all. It's not un-American, it's patriotic. (USA Today; 2020) - To win the war against the novel coronavirus that has killed nearly 163,000 people in this country, the only answer is compulsory vaccination — for all of us. And while the measures that will be necessary to defeat the coronavirus will seem draconian, even anti-American to some, we believe that there is no alternative. Simply put, getting vaccinated is going to be our patriotic duty.
- Pope Calls for Social Justice and Vaccines for All (Barrons; 2020) - Pope Francis has backed global elites such as Bill Gates when it comes to a Coronavirus vaccination, saying that it should be “universal and for all.”
- University of Tennessee makes Covid-19 vaccine shot mandatory for students when available – (Russian Times; 2020) - The University of Tennessee has become the first one to require students and faculty to receive vaccines for the flu and Covid-19 that is yet to be developed sparking “push back” from critics.
- No jab, no job: Businesses call for right to sack workers who refuse COVID vaccine (7News; 2020) - Small business groups are calling for the right to sack workers who refuse to get a COVID-19 vaccination when one becomes available in Australia.
A Miscellany of Unsavory Things that One Might See in a New World Order
This final section is an assortment of unpleasant themes one might expect to find fleshed out in the New World Order: Gates’ desire to vaccinate the world; numerous coincidences pointing to the foreknowledge of the virus’ release; description of the sweeping censorship of “misinformation,” and more.
Bill Gates’ plan to vaccinate the world
As James Corbett writes, “The Gates Foundation’s tentacles have penetrated into every corner of the field of public health. Billions of dollars in funding and entire public policy agendas are under the control of this man, an unelected, unaccountable software developer with no medical research experience or training. And nowhere is Gates’ control of public health more apparent than in the realm of vaccines.”
- The thorough research on Bill Gates by James Corbett is beyond exceptional, especially his famed “Who Is Bill Gates” video series (the best of which is, in my opinion, the third of four 30 minute installments).
- What you need to know about the COVID-19 vaccine (Gates Notes; 2020) – “One of the questions I (Bill Gates) get asked the most these days is when the world will be able to go back to the way things were in December before the coronavirus pandemic. My answer is always the same: when we have an almost perfect drug to treat COVID-19, or when almost every person on the planet has been vaccinated against coronavirus.”
- Gates Reddit interview advocating digital passport (Reddit; 2020) – “The question of which businesses should keep going is tricky. Certainly, food supply and the health system. We still need water, electricity and the internet. Supply chains for critical things need to be maintained. Countries are still figuring out what to keep running. Eventually we will have some digital certificates to show who has recovered or been tested recently or when we have a vaccine who has received it.”
- ‘Best case’ for end of pandemic is 2022, thanks to vaccines & funding, says ‘optimistic’ Bill Gates (RT; 2020) - “The end of the epidemic? Best case is probably 2022. But during 2021, the numbers – we should be able to drive them down if we take the global approach,” Gates told the Fox News on Sunday program.
- UN Forced to Admit Gates-funded Vaccine is Causing Polio Outbreak in Africa (21st Century Wire; 2020) - The United Nations has been forced to admit that a major international vaccine initiative is actually causing a deadly outbreak of the very disease it was supposed to wipe-out.
Foreknowledge of the Deliberate Release of COVID-19
There are numerous allusions to premeditation and foreknowledge when it comes to the release of the virus. As they say, “When you have too many coincidences, they are probably no longer coincidences.”
- Event 201 (YouTube; 2020) is the mother of all “coincidences.” It was the October 2019 pandemic tabletop exercise hosted by the Gates Foundation, the World Economic Forum and a host of other movers and shakers. It eerily foretells nearly the exact events and reactions that would play out only a few months later.
- In September of 2019, the WHO’s Global Preparedness Monitoring Board committed to conduct “at least two system-wide (global) training and simulation exercises, including one for covering the deliberate release of a lethal respiratory pathogen” before Sept 2020.
- Scenarios for the Future of Technology and International Development – A 2010 Rockefeller document describing a “lockstep” approach to dealing with a pandemic (start on page 18). A world of tighter top-down government control and more authoritarian leadership, with limited innovation and growing citizen pushback. If this wasn’t predictive it was certainly prescriptive.
Moderna’s 3/28/19 edit to their patent which stated, “Because of a concern for reemergence or a deliberate release of the SARS coronavirus, vaccine development was initiated.” This is especially interesting in that the vaccine addresses the S1 spike protein, the very thing that makes Covid-19 novel.
- Professor David Martin explains the Moderna patent anomaly in greater detail.
Prolonged confinement is antihuman and a clear violation of Hebrews 10:25. In his book COVID-19: The Great Reset, technocrat Klaus Schwab ironically, if not devilishly, acknowledges, "Humans are inherently social beings. Companionship and social interactions are a vital component of our humanness. If deprived of them, we find our lives upside down. Social relations are to a significant extent, obliterated by confinement measures and physical and social distancing, and in the case of the COVID-19 lockdowns, this occurred at a time of heightened anxiety when we needed them most."
- Forced Isolation May Be the Only Way to Stop Resurgence of Virus (Bloomberg; 2020) - There’s a tried-and-tested approach to cutting off transmission: move them out of their homes into centralized facilities while they get over their infections, which usually doesn’t require longer than a few weeks.
- Legal Authorities for Isolation and Quarantine (CDC; 2020) - Isolation and quarantine help protect the public by preventing exposure to people who have or may have a contagious disease.
- Contact Settings and Risk for Transmission in 3410 Close Contacts of Patients With COVID-19 in Guangzhou, China (Annals of Internal Medicine; 2020) - Household contact was the main setting for transmission of SARS-CoV-2, and the risk for transmission of SARS-CoV-2 among close contacts increased with the severity of index cases.
Censorship of “misinformation”
True to the Event 201 playbook, for a pandemic to be used to obtain control there must be strict management of the information.
- Google will ban ads from running on stories spreading debunked coronavirus conspiracy theories (CNBC; 2020) - Google next month will begin preventing content about health crises that contradicts scientific consensus from running ads through its platforms.
Facebook and YouTube are rushing to delete “Plandemic,” a conspiracy-laden video (Technology Review; 2020) - A 25-minute clip of a documentary featuring a well-known anti-vaccine conspiracy theorist was viewed millions of times this week on social media, before Facebook and YouTube pledged to remove copies of it from their platforms.
- Plandemic 1 Full documentary
- Plandemic 2 Full documentary
Gene editing/gene drive concerns
Many have raised the question of whether the forthcoming COVID-19 vaccine will employ gene-editing technology. The following links detail how the technology is available not only to edit genes, but to pass on those edits to future generations. These technologies are no longer only sci-fi or academic. And they are central to the transhumanism, which is a core aim of the Great Reset.
- Gates invests in CRISPR gene editing (Business Insider; 2015) – A recently discovered tool that gives scientists the ability to edit DNA — the basic blueprint for life — and to rewrite the genetic codes of humans and other creatures just got a major boost toward breaking through from research to applications that might affect human health.
- Why Bill Gates thinks gene editing and artificial intelligence could save the world (Geek Wire; 2020) - When it comes to fighting malaria and other mosquito-borne diseases, for example, CRISPR-Cas9 and other gene-editing tools are being used to change the insects’ genome to ensure that they can’t pass along the parasites that cause those diseases. The Gates Foundation is investing tens of millions of dollars in technologies to spread those genomic changes rapidly through mosquito populations.
- A controversial technology that changes the DNA of entire species just took a step towards use (Business Insider; 2016) - Simply put, a gene drive allows scientists to fundamentally alter the DNA of some members of species in such a way that the change they've made will then spread to the rest of the population.
- Easy DNA Editing Will Remake the World. Buckle Up. (Wired; 2015) – The technology of gene drive allows DNA mutations to be inserted and deliberately passed on to future generations. “Today, behind a set of four locked and sealed doors in a lab at the Harvard School of Public Health, a special set of mosquito larvae of the African species Anopheles gambiae wriggle near the surface of shallow tubs of water. These aren't normal Anopheles, though. The lab is working on using Crispr to insert malaria-resistant gene drives into their genomes. It hasn't worked yet, but if it does … well, consider this from the mosquitoes' point of view. This project isn't about reengineering one of them. It's about reengineering them all.”
- Darpa, Venter Launch Assembly Line for Genetic Engineering (Wired; 2012) – Synthetic biology, as Darpa notes, has the potential to yield "new materials, novel capabilities, fuel and medicines" – everything from fuels to solar cells to vaccines could be produced by engineering different living cells.
- As Moderna’s Covid-19 Vaccine Takes The Lead, Its Chief Medical Officer’s Recent Promotion Of “Gene-Editing Vaccines” Comes To Light (The Last American Vagabond; 2020) - In a speech entitled “The disease-eradicating potential of gene editing,” Zaks’ description of Moderna’s mRNA products as, making permanent edits to human genes, clashes with often touted claims that the genetic material in mRNA vaccines “degrade” over time and do not permanently alter human genetics like DNA vaccines.
- Military Revealed as Top Funder of Gene Drives; Gates Foundation paid $1.6 million to influence UN on gene drives (Friends of the Earth; 2017) - Over 1,200 emails released under open records requests reveal that the U.S. military is now the top funder and influencer behind a controversial genetic extinction technology known as “gene drives” – pumping $100 million into the field. The trove of emails, obtained via open records requests, also shed light on a $1.6 million dollar UN gene drive advocacy operation paid for by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Gene editing can now change an entire species – forever – (TED Talk; 2016) CRISPR gene drives allow scientists to change sequences of DNA and guarantee that the resulting edited genetic trait is inherited by future generations, opening up the possibility of altering entire species forever.
- The disease-eradicating potential of gene editing (TED Talk; 2017) - Two years after joining Moderna, Zaks spoke at length about how he views mRNA vaccines and their modality, including those he produces at Moderna. In a speech entitled “The disease-eradicating potential of gene editing,” Zaks’ description of Moderna’s mRNA products as, making permanent edits to human genes, clashes with often touted claims that the genetic material in mRNA vaccines “degrade” over time and do not permanently alter human genetics like DNA vaccines
- The Age of CRISPR: Why Genetic Engineering Will Change Everything (Futurism; 2016) - Designer babies, the end of diseases, genetically modified humans that never age. Outrageous things that used to be science fiction are suddenly becoming reality.
DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) technology
DARPA is the shadowy research arm of the US military. This last section highlights some of DARPA’s juicier projects, including many that are germane to this subject of this paper.
- DARPA invests $7.5 million into Profusa’s tiny tech-packed implantable biosensor (Digital Trends; 2016) – The U.S. military is interested in developing the technology to aid in real-time monitoring of combat soldier health vitals. Profusa chairman and CEO Ben Hwang said, “Profusa’s vision is to replace a point-in-time chemistry panel that measures multiple biomarkers, such as oxygen, glucose, lactate, urea, and ions with a biosensor that provides a continuous stream of wireless data,” according to QMed.
- In Vivo Nanoplatforms (IVN) (Archived) (DARPA) - The IVN Diagnostics (IVN:Dx) effort aims to develop a generalized in vivo platform that provides continuous physiological monitoring for the warfighter. Specifically, IVN:Dx investigates technologies that incorporate implantable nanoplatforms composed of bio-compatible, nontoxic materials; in vivo sensing of small and large molecules of biological interest; multiplexed detection of analytes at clinically relevant concentrations; and external interrogation of the nanoplatforms without using implanted electronics for communication.
- 3 Futuristic Biotech Programs the U.S. Government Is Funding Right Now (Leapsmag; 2018) - Biomedical engineer Kevin Zhao has a sensor in his arm and his chest that monitors his oxygen level in those tissues in real time. With funding from DARPA for the program “In Vivo Nanoplatforms,” he developed soft, flexible hydrogels that are injected just beneath the skin to perform the monitoring and that sync to a smartphone app to give the user immediate health insights.
- The military seeks help in developing an artificial human brain (Gizmodo; 2013) – The US military's research wing, DARPA, is seeking help with a new project that would allow computers to imitate the human neocortex, the region of the brain we use for language, reasoning, and perception.
- Pentagon Looks to Breed Immortal 'Synthetic Organisms,' Molecular Kill-Switch Included (Wired; 2010) – The Pentagon's mad science arm may have come up with its most radical project yet. Darpa is looking to re-write the laws of evolution to the military's advantage, creating "synthetic organisms" that can live forever – or can be killed with the flick of a molecular switch.
Considering all these unwelcome facts, what can Christians do? I propose three things.
First, Christians can pray. Above all, we can pray for unbelievers to come to saving faith in Jesus Christ. We are also called to pray for our leaders (1 Tim. 2:1-4). We can pray that God will thwart the plans of the wicked. Finally, Christians can pray for the return of Jesus Christ. Only under His rule will this world experience true peace, prosperity and security.
Second, Christians can prepare. We can prepare physically in many ways. In preparation for higher food prices and food shortages, one might consider storing up a few months’ worth of extra food and water. In preparation for a catastrophic debt crisis, many are saving and investing in ways that reduce counterparty risk and anticipate inflation (hard assets and tangible goods).
I am also preparing myself emotionally to live as a Christian in a 1984 world. A gospel-centered person can triumph in any situation. I want my hope, and the hope of those I love and influence, to be solely on the grace and faithfulness of the God of “the better and heavenly country” (Heb. 11:16). It is time to go all in on “the new heaven and new earth, in which righteousness dwells” (2 Peter 3:13).
Third, Christians can engage. This will look differently for each person’s conscience. I believe the months and years ahead are going to put us in challenging positions as Christians and Christian leaders. We must remember Peter and John who plainly stated, “We must obey God rather than men” (Acts 5:28). Remember Daniel who continued to pray in defiance of the king’s edict. Remember Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego who would not bow down at the king’s command, at great risk to themselves. Remember the Hebrew midwives in Exodus 1 who pleased God by defying the Pharaoh’s decree. Remember John the Baptist who confronted Herod. Remember Dietrich Bonhoeffer who reluctantly and thoughtfully opposed the wickedness of his own Nazi government. Remember Martin Luther who took a historic stand on the Word of God and his conscience, and Martin Luther King Jr. who changed the course of history through his peaceful resistance. Finally, let us commit to wrestle with, and rightly apply, Romans 13 and 1 Peter 2:13-17, being careful not make these passages say more, or less, than they ought.
We can also engage by sharing information like this with people in your circle of influence. We live in unprecedented and perilous times. May God give us grace upon grace to be strong and courageous in Him. He will never leave us nor forsake us!
Acknowledgements - In addition to my own research, many of these links have been gathered from, and further expanded upon in, the exceptional research of Patrick Wood, James Corbett, Ryan Cristián, Spiros Skouras and Whitney Webb.
Ordained in the Calvary Chapel churches and attended Western Seminary.